Membership in the City of London Archaeological Society is open to anyone with an interest in the history and archaeology of London. COLAS members enjoy:
- Free monthly lecture meetings, walks and events (usually on the third Friday of the month, at St. Olave Hart Street, London EC3). We are currently holding our lectures online due to COVID-19 – you can watch them on our new YouTube channel
- A quarterly members’ magazine, Context, with up to 36 pages of news, lecture notes, site reports, reviews, events and activities
- The opportunity to join us in conducting research and foreshore surveys for our CRaFT project studying (Causeways, Riverstairs and Ferry Terminals) – helping us tell the story of a time when Londoners routinely took to the river to get around their great city.
- Private site visits to current excavations in and around London
- Private members’ tours and excursions to heritage sites in London, East Anglia and the South East
- An opportunity to volunteer at occasional outreach activities
- Contribute blogs to our website on London archaeology, contribute articles to Context and present at our Members’ evening on archaeology or history topics
The membership year runs from November 1st to October 31st. New members who join after June will not be asked to renew until November of the following year.